Programs address the key learning areas but focus mainly on science, studies of society and environment and health and physical education. Programs are designed collaboratively with class teachers so that specific outcomes and needs of interest groups can be met and addressed. Sunshine Coast Environmental Education Centre offers studies in natural, personal and social environments. Programs allow for investigations of environmental issues and participation in action to care for the environment. The programs help students to experience a range of habitats and have direct experiences which help raise the awareness and understanding of natural and human systems.
In general, Sunshine Coast's Environmental Education Centre programs:
- Integrate a range of subject areas.
- Link with student’s background knowledge.
- Focus on real world issues or problems.
- Are conducted in an atmosphere of mutual respect and support among teachers and students.
- Aim to increase the depth of understanding of concepts and ideas.
- Attempt to maximise the participation of a diverse range of students.
If you are interested in making a booking with Sunshine Coast Environmental Education Staff, please contact us directly to discuss your specific program requirements. Some of the more common programs can be found in the program overview documents in our support and resources tab. Programs are booked through our expression of interest forms which can be requested by contacting our office.